NARI is concerned for the wellbeing of older Australians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
People aged 70 years and over are at greater risk of more serious illness if they are infected with COVID-19. And it is likely they will have to self-isolate for longer than younger people.
For this reason, we’ve developed practical resources to help you stay fit, healthy and connected during this difficult time.
Use the menu on the left to access tip sheets about:
- Healthy eating
- How to stay active and healthy
- Looking after your health conditions
- Tips and resources for shopping, meals and food
- Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Keeping engaged
COVID-19: Tracking the response
We have developed this resource to record the COVID-19 restrictions that are impacting older people and aged care services in Australia. It tracks the implementation and impact of restrictions on older people and aged care services in Australia.
Official sources for up-to-date reliable information on COVID-19 are:
Australian Government Department of Health
• Latest coronavirus (COVID-19) health updates https://bit.ly/3bXFSb6
• Collection of COVID-19 resources, including translated resources. https://bit.ly/38OOwHe
• Tip sheet: Coronavirus advice for older people https://bit.ly/3aMvsLp
National Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call 1800 020 080 if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.