NARI Annual Seminar 2017
From climate change to care -
how the environment impacts older people
Friday, October 13th, 2017
8.45am for 9.00am – 3.30 pm
Australian Unity Federation Room
15th Floor, 114 Albert Road, South Melbourne
The quality of the environment in which an older person lives has significant bearing on their health and well-being. Our Annual Seminar will explore the impact of the environment on older people, with experts on older people and climate change, heatwaves and the weather through to neighbourhood design, dementia care, hospital and residential care design.
- Hon Ken Wyatt, Minister for Aged Care and Minister for Indigenous Health.
- Dr Helen Barrie who will be talking about “Growing old in a changing climate: challenges for the Asia-Oceania region”
- Professor Charles Guest, Chief Health Officer for the State of Victoria who will be talking about “Heatwaves, climate and the weather and how this impacts on older people”
- Housing and care setting design
Program details are available here: NARI Annual Seminar 2017
- General admission - $160 per person (incl. GST)
Early bird $135 per person (incl. GST) until 31st July, 2017
- Concession - $90 per person (incl. GST)